We’ve had quite an eventual weekend since coming back from England, both preparing and going to a Halloween / Moving in Party. Halloween is my favourite holiday of the year so I always throw more enthusiasm into it than any other.
For the past 2 years now I’ve been making a snack called ‘Mummy Jalapeno Poppers’ Not only are they easy to make but they go down really well at parties as! As soon as I walked in with them on Saturday I was met with a ‘Oh, I love it when you guys make these!!’ and proceeded to have 3 people waiting in the kitchen whilst they cooked in the oven.
Here are the ingredients if you want to try and make these for yourself. The ingredients are all pretty common and you should have no problem finding them if England, Norway or anywhere else for that matter.
- Jalapeño Peppers
- 200g Softened Cream Cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 200g Grated Cheese (personal preference, I used Mozzarella)
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 egg
- Candy Eyeballs
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls / Pizza Dough Roll
- First take your jalapenos and slice them in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside.
- Then, in a bowl mix together the cream cheese and the grated cheese of your preference. Add a splash of salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the mixture you prepared.
- Now, unroll the dough roll and cut the pastry into long slices. Use each long slice to wrap around each jalapeno ensuring to leave a small gap about ¾ up for your candy eyes.
- Wash the poppers over with egg.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until they start to golden.
- Once you’ve taken the finished product out from the oven, add two candy eyes to the opening you have left.
WARNING: Do NOT, I repeat, NOT cut and scoop out the jalapenos without using gloves. I’ve made this dish 3 times in total and usually I do not wear any gloves and I’m fine. This time was different. My hands felt like they were literally on fire. I tried everything to get rid of it: milk, sour cream, olive oil, dish soap. Lime. Nothing worked. For 8 hours I tried to stop the burning and it was still extremely bad when I went to bed. I ended up getting up every 30 minutes to get a pack of ice to sleep with my hands on. Not taking the time to protect your hands really isn’t worth the pain!
We had such a lovely time at the Halloween party this weekend dressed as Captain America and Star Lord. Everyone was in such a good mood and I actually took a good amount of photos for a change!
Happy Halloween everyone! Let me know how you’re spending your Halloween!